If you are looking for the best shoes for jumping rope, take a look at this review. In this guide, we explain what type of shoes will you need good shoes for jumping, how to pick the right ones, whether it’s OK to go barefoot, and we cover some of our favorite choices. I hope, you will be benefitted.
What Types of Shoes are Good for Jumping?
There are many kinds of shoes that are good for jumping. The most competent of them are the sneakers which are among the most comfortable shoes you can find online. These shoes provide more cushioning on the heel and forefoot area so that all external shocks are naturally absorbed.
Additionally, there are several running shoes that are similar to the sneakers only that they don’t have higher mesh and shaft. These shoes are also great for jumping since they can give you back part of the energy spent on your attempt.
Why Do You Need Jumping Shoes?
Every type of shoe has different features. So, you need a pair of special shoe for jumping. Jumping shoes can give you the energy you need to complete your effort. Not to mention, that they can offer you more stamina and endurance while on training. These are the main reasons you need to buy the most adequate jumping shoes.
However, there are many other reasons why you need specialized in jumping shoes. You can feel comfortable when using them. They are stylish enough to give you more authority and position you in the center of attention. Every jumping athlete needs a good pair of shoes and this is the time you got your pair.
Features of a Good Jumping Shoes
Many features are associated with good jumping shoes. These include:
- Breathability. These shoes allow the airflow to pass through the feet and reduce the heat that can make you feel tired.
- Flexibility. Their insoles are flexible to make you jump even better since you can stretch your feet to their fullest range.
- Higher grip outsoles. Jumping shoes are usually equipped with larger lags to increase friction to the ground and make you accelerate even better when performing jumping.
- The rebound effect. Most of the jumping shoes are having a rebound effect on their soles to give you back part of the energy spent on each jumping attempt. This helps you to outperform.
Our Top 5 Picks
Best Shoes for Jumping Rope
1 Adidas Speed Trainer 2 SLT Men’s Sneaker
This is the first shoe of our list for the best shoes for jumping. They have synthetic upper with a great lining. With the synthetic and textile upper, this shoe is designed for lightweight and extreme durability. Adidas Performance Men’s Speed 2 Wide Cross-Trainer Shoe is great for your jumping time.
Adidas Performance Men’s Speed 2 Wide Cross-Trainer Shoe has synthetic overlays for support. The breathable mesh lining of this shoe provides comfortable jumping. The EVA midsole of this shoe with targeted flex zones is great for jumping.
They are perfect with a wide fit. These shoes are made of such material that can offer the best lifting capability. The shoes have an elastic multi-surface footing outsole. It is added for better footing control. The padded soles of this shoe are made of EVA foam to offer soft inner.
The shoes are light with essential features. You can get a lifting quality with this amazing shoe. Collect them and see how flexible to jump.
- Synthetic, great for wide fit
- Synthetic and textile upper design for lightweight and durability
- Synthetic overlays for optimal support
- Breathable mesh lining with the best cushion
- Offers EVA midsole with targeted flex zones
- Minimal color options
- May make noise
2 Inov-8 F-Lite 195 Cross-Training Shoe
If you are looking for the best shoes for jumping, Inov-8 F-lite 195 Cross-Training Shoe is one of the top choices. They are made with 100% synthetic. With the rubber sole, they become durable. Inov-8 F-lite 195 Cross-Training Shoe is lightweight and flexible cross-training shoe.
The shoe is featuring rope Tec grip. It gives you perfect grip support. There is an injection-molded EVA midsole of this shoe. It makes the shoe very much comfortable. The midsole can absorb shock. Thus, it becomes great and quality footwear for rope hopping.
The shoe is also built for different sorts of physical activities. It is giving the best possible level of ventilation. It controls good ventilation of the internal space of shoes. Therefore, you don’t feel the sweat. It is lightweight. With a prophetic holds an infusion, it is designing for shaping EVA padded sole.
They are stylish and colorful shoes. They are very lightweight and also perfect for a workout. So, you can use them for various purposes.
- 100% synthetic, rubber sole
- Flexible cross-training shoe with rope Tec grip and injection-molded EVA midsole
- Giving the best possible level of ventilation
- Stylish and colorful shoe, very lightweight
- Infusion, shaping EVA padded sole
- Highly expensive
- Inner soles may slip around
3 ASICS Women’s Gel Acclaim Training Shoe
ASICS Women’s Gel Acclaim Training Shoe is one of the best sneakers for jumping. This sneaker contains 100% synthetic materials. The shaft of this shoe is measured approximately low to the top arch. The good news of this shoe is, they have a very cheap rate. So, you can easily afford them.
This ASICS Women’s Gel Acclaim Training Shoe is especially for hopping rope. You can jump by mainstream around the globe with this shoe. Because the shoe has well-thoroughly considered outlines which let you become flexible and energetic.
The good thing about this shoe is, it is made of engineered calfskin and work. It makes the shoe light, firm as well as breathable. There is a restrictive Rearfoot GEL Cushioning innovation system in this shoe. It gives better effect ingestion. They fit awesome for some exercises including hopping over the rope.
- 100% Synthetic upper with rubber sole
- ASICS sneakers for hopping rope by are mainstream
- Light, firm, and breathable
- Restrictive Rearfoot GEL Cushioning innovation
- Best for exercise including hopping over the rope
- Size may differ
- Minimal color options
4 New Balance Women’s WX608v4 Comfort Pack Training Shoe
New Balance Women’s WX608v4 Training Shoe is the best shoes for jumping rope form this famous brand. New Balance is a renowned brand who are making great sports shoe for various types of people. Their shoes are very much comfortable, supportive and durable also.
New Balance Women’s WX608v4 Training Shoe has a synthetic shoe. They have a rubber sole. This woman training shoe is great in weight. It is sleek and lightweight. This cross-trainer shoe comes with a breathable mesh upper. So, you will feel very comfortable wearing these shoes.
There is a responsive REVlite midsole. This midsole is very unique. It has some special qualities. It is very much responsive. The shoe has a Non-marking outsole. We hope you will like them and enjoy your flexible movement.
- 100 percent synthetic, rubber sole
- Sleek and lightweight cross trainer with a breathable mesh upper
- Responsive REVlite midsole for best cushion
- Non-marking outsole for the proper stability
- Best support for jump rope
- Too small in sizing
- Top of the shoe is pulled away
5 Vibram Men’s V-Run Running Shoe
Vibram Men’s V-Run Running Shoe is a 100% polyester lycra stretch mesh shoe. It is also made of polyester microfiber upper. Therefore, you can guess the quality of this shoe. They have a synthetic sole that offers a more lightweight feel and breathability.
This running shoe is featuring perforated upper. It features an adjustable pull tab and cord closure. These best shoes for jump rope has a VI-Lite Midsole. There is a run outsole rubber compound in this shoe. And there are compound rubber pads on the outsole.
The insole of this shoe is an EVA Anti-Microbial Drilex Sockliner. The insole offers you a great comfortable feeling. You can jump easily by wearing this shoe. But you should be aware of this product. Because the shoe runs one size large. So, it is better to purchase a 1 size small shoe.
- 100% Polyester mesh or polyester Microfiber upper
- Synthetic sole for the extreme durability
- Featuring perforated upper with adjustable pull tab and cord closure
- VI-Lite Midsole with XS Run outsole rubber compound
- Mont Compound rubber pads in the outsole
- Price is quite high
- Not for whose have wide feet
6 Nike WMNS Epic React Flyknit Women’s
If you are looking for the best shoes for jumping high for women, this shoe is perfect for you. Nike Women’s Epic React Flyknit Running Shoe is a synthetic shoe. The shoe has a rubber sole.
This women shoes have a fly knit upper construction. It wraps the foot properly. It is designed for a secure as well as supportive fit. The elastic yarns in the upper of this shoe create great comfort. It is built with an engineered fit and superior comfort.
The shoe carries Nike React foam technology. It provides a soft and responsive ride to your every step. The foam of this shoe responds to each step. It also bounces back to keep you energetic. This shoe is an all-year-round shoe. With a huge color option, you can collect your required color to match with your outfits.
- Synthetic and fly knit upper construction
- It wraps your foot for a secure and supportive fit
- Elastic yarns in the upper create an engineered fit as well as amazing comfort
- Nike React foam technology provides a soft and responsive ride
- The foam responds to your every step and gives bounces back
- Not for wide feet
- Too much expensive
7 Nike Women’s Air Zoom Pegasus 35 Running Shoes
Nike Women’s Air Zoom Pegasus 35 Running Shoe is the other best shoes for jumping high in our final list. The women will get great support as well as comfort by wearing this shoe. This is a synthetic shoe for good traction.
Nike Women’s Air Zoom Pegasus 35 Running Shoe is a brand new shoe of their series.
With the soft and cushion material, this shoe is very much comfortable. As while you are jumping you need much comfort, so this shoe is good for jumping with rope. However, this shoe has a minimal color option and the size may vary to you.
- 100% authentic
- Brand new in box
- Good for jumping
- Minimum color option
- Size may vary
8 Xero Shoes Prio – Men’s Minimalist Barefoot Trail And Road Running Shoe
Xero Shoes Prio is a sneaker with high-quality features. They are the best shoes for jumping rope. This Xero Shoes Prio – Men’s Minimalist Barefoot Trail and Road Running Shoe come with lightweight performance and comfort. You can get an awesome feeling with this shoe.
The shoe has an inspired FeelTrue rubber sole. There sole is so much flexible. It allows you to move frequently. This lightweight, flexible performance shoe is great for heavy energetic performance. You can use them for road running, jumping, trail running, hiking, and so on.
The shoe has a foot-first design. The wide toe boxes of this shoe let your toes spread and feel relax. The zero-drop and non-elevated sole of this shoe are added for proper posture.
- Offers lightweight performance with proper comfort
- Barefoot-inspired to feel true rubber sole
- Wide toe boxes let your toes to get a roomy movement
- Features a zero-drop and non-elevated sole for proper posture
- The flexible sole provides your feet to bend and move naturally
- Price is a little bit high
- Not so durable
9 Reebok Men’s Crossfit Nano 5 Training Shoe
Reebok Men’s Crossfit Nano 5 Training Shoe is a 100% synthetic shoe. It has a rubber sole. This shoe is good for jumping. The shaft of this shoe measures approximately 2.75″ from the arch. This Crossfit-inspired trainer shoe is built with an anatomical design.
The shoe is specially built for lifting and quick cuts. There is a durable Kevlar-infused upper. It is added for support and protection. The Nanoshell hard TPU midsole of this shoe is very unique. They have a shell for medial or lateral support. The contoured heel counter will provide you great heel support.
- Built with anatomical design
- It is built for lifting and quick cuts
- Durable Kevlar-infused upper provide great comfort
- Nanoshell hard TPU midsole gives lateral support
- Contoured heel counter offers good heel support
- Not enough comfortable
- Problem in fitting
10 Under Armour Men’s Speedform Apollo Running Shoes
Under Armour Men’s UA Speedform is comes with Apollo Innovative UA SpeedForm technology. This shoe delivers zero distraction while you are on running as well as jumping. There is an Armour Vent mesh upper. It delivers true breathability to you.
The shoe is built in a light, stretchy and durable features. There is a fast-drying fabric in this shoe. The seamless heel cup comes with a silicone grip. It is added for a locked-in as well as anatomical fit.
The molded 4D Foam footbed of this shoe conforms to your foot’s exact shape. It is helping to eliminate slippage. But the shoe is not versatile.
- Features an innovative UA Speed Form technology
- It can deliver zero distraction while you are running
- Amour Vent mesh upper delivers great breathability
- Seamless heel cup for a locked-in and secure fit
- Conforms to foot’s exact shape for eliminating slippage
- Not so versatile
- Tight kick
Before You Buy
How To Choose The Best Jumping Rope Shoes
The features that you should focus on are described here. If you collect your shoes with these features, we can assure you that you will get the cushion that you want.
The material of the shoe is the first and foremost consideration when you are looking for the best shoes for jumping rope. It is an indication of the strength of your shoe. The more strong and good the material is, the more your shoe offers the best support.
For jumping ropes, try to not purchase elastic addition. Because of your inside enhancement, it is necessary. The model of tennis shoes should have the capability to increase your flexibility to jump on the rope.
As the tennis shoes or shoes for jumping rope need proper safeguards, so they cost as needs be. Great quality jumping shoes have top-notch materials, so they have such a cost. But before purchasing a great and costly shoe, you should aware of the safeguard of the shoe. Since the elements transform a good combination of comfort and support, obviously they become costly.
The right decision to pick the jumping shoes should be focused on air, grip as well as gel. The toe top and the foot sole are the two parts that indicate the safety issues of a shoe. With the two it is awesome.
Another thing to be looking for your jumping rope shoes is the quality. If you collect great shoes with proper comfort and support but the quality is not so high, this is not a good choice. The shoes for jumping rope must have highlighted anatomical. They also should have the quality to help evading issues.
The manufacturers try to ensure the shoe support. The shoe should guarantee to increase the bouncing quality and minimizing the load. Along with these features, a quality model is expected as solid. They will serve you a long period of time even with a functioning issue.
It is an undoubted question arise in your head, how much weight you have to carry. As while you are jumping, your body creates extra pressure on your feet. If your shoe creates another pressure through its weight, it will be the worst situation. So, before collecting the best shoes for jumping rope, you must focus on the weight of your shoe.
The weight of games shoe notice in two angles. The first one is the heaviness of shoes. It makes you tried to use the shoe. Another thing is, you have an over the top weight. It is considered when you looking for supportive shoes. For hopping rope, a lighter shoe is perfect. The lighter the shoe is, the more comfortable you get.
The last thing is the insole of your shoe. The insole of your shoe should be removable. It should be soft and cushioned. It is important for an insole to be stuck on the sole. The quality of the insole should be great. Your extra pressure doesn’t make you suffocating if the insole is comfortable. So, collect a shoe with a great insole.
The FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)
Ques: What shoes are good for jump rope?
Ans: Adidas Speed Trainer 2.0, Inov-8 F-Lite 195 Cross-Training, ASICS Men’s GEL-Acclaim, New Balance Men’s MX1267, Nike Flyknits, Vibram Five Fingers are some great shoes for jump rope.
Ques: What shoes make you jump higher?
Ans: The shoe which has great grip support along with bouncing can make you jump higher.
Ques: Is skipping barefoot bad?
Ans: Definitely, it causes serious injury to your feet. Don’t try this.
Ques: What are the best basketball shoes for jumping?
Ans: Nike Men’s Hyperdunk, Adidas Performance Men’s Crazylight Boost Low, Under Armour Men’s UA ClutchFit Drive 3, Under Armour Men’s Curry 3, Nike Men’s Kyrie 3 are some best basketball shoes for jumping.
Awesome List of 10 Best Shoes for Jumping
So if you are someone who enjoys a bit of these listed best shoes for jumping rope. I hope these shoes are sure to give you all the comfort and support that you need for jumping.
Not only will the listed shoes provide you with the maximum comfort and support they are also durable and comfortable.
Get the best shoes from our list and enjoy your decent and flexible life.
Table of Contents
- What Types of Shoes are Good for Jumping?
- Why Do You Need Jumping Shoes?
- Features of a Good Jumping Shoes
- Our Top 5 Picks
- Best Shoes for Jumping Rope
- 1 Adidas Speed Trainer 2 SLT Men’s Sneaker
- 2 Inov-8 F-Lite 195 Cross-Training Shoe
- 3 ASICS Women’s Gel Acclaim Training Shoe
- 4 New Balance Women’s WX608v4 Comfort Pack Training Shoe
- 5 Vibram Men’s V-Run Running Shoe
- 6 Nike WMNS Epic React Flyknit Women’s
- 7 Nike Women’s Air Zoom Pegasus 35 Running Shoes
- 8 Xero Shoes Prio – Men’s Minimalist Barefoot Trail And Road Running Shoe
- 9 Reebok Men’s Crossfit Nano 5 Training Shoe
- 10 Under Armour Men’s Speedform Apollo Running Shoes
- Before You Buy
- Awesome List of 10 Best Shoes for Jumping