The sciatic nerve is one of the most important nerves that is running through the legs and gives movement and senses to the lower feet as well. Many people are suffering from sciatica which is a major condition that causes numbness and pain in the lower feet area that sometimes lowers the ability to move and perform sports activities like running and quick walking. The best shoes for sciatica is a never-ending quest.
Many shoe manufacturers across the world are trying to find solutions for people with sciatica to ease their sense of pain and even eliminate the problem. Their ability to support the feet as well as the standing posture of the user is important while trying to choose among a variety of brands that have unique features.
Sciatica can be a serious impairment and may also need the use of special orthotics to support the movement. Brands shoes that are intended for such a special use should adequately cooperate with the orthotics in order to create the best possible conditions for people who suffer from this painful condition.
Now let’s examine all the possibilities that a user has to purchase in brand names of shoes that can give extra comfort to pain related to sciatica and restore any lost movement ability that was previously enabled.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Shoes for Sciatica
- 1 Merrell Women’s Bare Access Arc 4 Trail Running Shoe
- 2 New Balance Women’s W1260v6 Running Shoe
- 3 Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes
- 4 New Balance Women’s WW577 Walking Shoe
- 5 Burnetie Men’s High Top Vintage Sneaker
- 6 ASICS Men’s GEL-Resolution 6 Tennis Shoe
- 7 ASICS Gel Resolution 6 Women’s Tennis Shoes
- 8 Skechers Women’s Atomic Sweet Bouquet Fashion Sneaker
- 9 Natural Soul Women’s Girly Ballet Flat
- 10 ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 18 Running Shoe
- Before You Buy
- Criteria To Evaluate The Best Shoes for Sciatica
- The FAQ (frequently asked questions)
- Awesome List of 10 Best Sciatica Shoes
- Final Verdict :
10 Best Shoes for Sciatica
1 Merrell Women’s Bare Access Arc 4 Trail Running Shoe
The Merrell brand name is among the most reputable in the market of special running shoes for persons suffering from feet problems like sciatica. Considered as the best shoes for sciatica, the Merrell shoes are adequate for walking and running and can be the best companion to everyday activities.
The outsole is their prime advantage that is made out of special lugs that attach firmly to the ground and create extra friction, especially on slippery roads. The insole gives an essence of comfort and relief from the pain related by sciatica, taking the shape of the feet.
- Mesh and TPU upper offers perfect breathability
- EVA Midsole sole gives interior comfort and cushion
- Traditional lace closure increased proper and secure fit
- Breathable mesh lining with Integrated EVA footbed ensures comfort and support
- Lightweight as well as vegan friendly footwear
- Tend to run wide
- Sole isn’t so supportive
2 New Balance Women’s W1260v6 Running Shoe
New Balance shoes are committed to serving people with sciatica and other forms of feet pain since they incorporate all the latest innovation of the footwear industry. Reviewers put them among the best shoes for sciatica problems and their features are supportive of this statement.
The insole is so soft and durable that can make all pain being eliminated even by the first weeks of use. The cushioning system that holds together tightly the ankle and the heel areas are unique among competitors for its quality and lightweight materials.
- Material is a combination of 75% Synthetic and 25% Mesh
- The rubber sole offers proper traction, support, and durability
- Special Acteva lite midsole
- Absorb crash pad can keep the wearer safe and restless
- No-sew material application is a unique feature of this shoe
- This shoe is too much pricey
- May run big after some days
3 Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes
The Brooks shoes have always been some of the highest quality shoes you could purchase. Since they can help people with feet injuries or abnormalities find the natural gait they are considered to belong to the best running shoes for sciatica ever made and presented to the public.
Their midsole is innovative since it can be both agile and stiff at the same time, keeping at the feet at a stable position while running. The upper mesh and tongue are also lightweight and breathable to give extra airflow and ventilation to the feet.
- 100% Manmade shoe
- Comes with synthetic sole to offer the right amount of support and durability
- Offers perfect support for your low arches
- This shoe can control for your overpronation, which is very much amazing
- Can be used for occasional and regular use
- Costly shoe
- Not slip resistant and enough supportive
4 New Balance Women’s WW577 Walking Shoe
These are the shoes that are most successful in the New Balance series of athletic shoes worldwide. The best shoes for sciatica pain could be the New Balance series that incorporate all technologies for pain management that are now available to the public.
The outsole is their great advantage since it is made of quality rubber that makes it difficult to lose your grip while running. The insole cooperates best with feet curves to give more flexibility to the user and relieve the pressure from the road that affects the sciatic nerve and causes extreme pain while running.
- 100% Leather shoe for comfort
- Rubber sole gives proper traction and flexibility of movement
- This shoe is featuring leather upper with padded collar
- Comes with ABZORB shock-absorbing cushioning to keep protected
- Having walking Strike Path outsole to flex groove in the right amount
- abrasive tongue hurting the top of the foot
- not so attractive in black
5 Burnetie Men’s High Top Vintage Sneaker
This alternative vintage sneaker has a totally different view on the pain management of persons suffering from sciatica. Ultimately, being one of the best shoes for sciatica voted by experts this is the pair of shoes that older people may easily consider of buying since they are having a retro styling that every middle-aged person could admire.
The full leather construction makes the shoe stylish and waterproof while the extra cushioning may easily alleviate the pain associated with sciatica.
- made of cotton material
- Rubber sole for grip and traction
- Lightweight and comfortable one
- Comes with a Side zipper closure or lace-up
- The ortholite insole offers amazing comfy
- The colors of the shoes are way lighter
- Not so durable
6 ASICS Men’s GEL-Resolution 6 Tennis Shoe
The ASICS company can easily claim to be the worldwide expert in shoes manufacturing especially for people who suffer from painful feet conditions. You can easily name them the best shoes for sciatica since there are plenty of advantages that you can be benefited from when you purchase them.
Their dynamic shape makes it easier to move when you are running and can keep the pace of running for longer distances. The insole is made of foamy material and can adjust to the feet sizes and special measurements to alleviate the pain that comes from sciatica.
- 100% Synthetic upper
- 6-Month outsole Warranty from the brand
- Gender-Specific Cushioning gives special care for both men and women
- Proprietary upper provides right fitting comfort
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems minimize shock
- PGuard Toe Protector gives protection
- Too narrow in width
- Ankle support is not so adequate
7 ASICS Gel Resolution 6 Women’s Tennis Shoes
The absolute quality that ASICS models are incorporating is also viewed in this series. They are viewed as best sneakers for sciatica since they can ease the pain that comes from sciatica and reduce the movement of the user.
The special insole technology makes a perfect environment for the heel support and the shaping of the foot curve that are both crucial for user’s comfort and safety.
In addition, the lacing system is highly sophisticated to create better attachment of the ankle to the rest of the foot. The midsole has ultimate foamy technology that can absorb all the tension coming from the hard terrains and take away all feet painful syndromes.
- 100% Synthetic and fabric material
- This Lace-up athletic shoe is featuring Flexion Fit upper
- Comes with form-fitting comfort and women-specific cushioning
- Padded tongue and collar allow amazing cushioning
- Guard toe protector is added for enhanced durability
- The toe box may narrow for wide feet
- May develop blister
8 Skechers Women’s Atomic Sweet Bouquet Fashion Sneaker
This pair of shoes is by far the most amazing shoes in terms of styling that a female runner with sciatica issues could possibly use. This shoe can be offered to these sneakers grace to their unique styling and attractive appearance.
The lower shaft is great for active contact to the ground and feeling closer to the terrain surface which can be great for walking and relieving the sciatica-related pain. The outsole is of great quality since it can absorb all the abnormalities of the road surface.
- Synthetic upper for durable and long-lasting uses
- The fit of this shoe is True to Size
- Comes with cushioned, Flat Heel and Memory Foam
- attractive styling and great appearance that can easily attract the views.
- Affordable prices easily let you purchase them
- Attractive but not so durable as well as comfortable
- Sometimes may run large
9 Natural Soul Women’s Girly Ballet Flat
Finally, these perfectly designed ballet shoes make up for the most successful shoes that are identified as a pain management solution for people suffering from sciatica. They are considered to be among the best shoes for sciatica since they integrate all the great features that modern technology can possibly give to shoes that are ambitious enough to enter this club.
The outsole gives more than adequate grip and the external textile that covers the shoe makes it waterproof so that you can train in watery terrains. The heel area has more cushioning than ever before thus enhancing the running posture for most people with sciatica.
- 100% Man Made shoe with a synthetic sole
- All-thru comfort system is a unique feature of this shoe
- Flexible sole gives ease movement
- Comes with memory foam which offers pleasure in step on
- Anti-microbial lining keeps you safe from bacterial attacks
- Sole is not in the proper size
- Sizing may vary
10 ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 18 Running Shoe
One of the most reliable shoes available on the market right now. The ASICS manufacturer has ambitions to enter the top of the list of the best shoes for ankle support which is a special category that addressed the people with foot arch abnormalities and ankle joint pain.
It is a versatile training shoe that combines the latest top of the art technologies of the shoe industry. The Rearfoot GEL is responsible for heel protection while lifting weights or jumping high during exercise.
The Solyte midsole is so dense that makes up for the messed foot arch giving a sense of comfort to the tired feet of athletes with feet deformities. The shoes are also made from ultra-lightweight materials that make it possible for athletes to wear them up for multiple hours during exercise.
- 100% textile and synthetic upper
- The FluidRide midsole provides the ultimate combination of bounce back
- cushioning properties help to reduce weight and offer excellent durability.
- it allows movement in multiple planes in different transection
- ASICS FluidFit upper technology combines multiple uses
- Bad than the previous one
- Quality of the material is not so good
Before You Buy
Criteria To Evaluate The Best Shoes for Sciatica
Sciatica is a bad form of pain. It suffers a lot of people all over the world. All the sufferers must wear a special shoe for minimizing their pain. Let’s discuss some criteria for sciatica shoes.
A poorly fitted shoe may cause uncomfortable as well as painful movement. When you wear a shoe with loose or tight-fitting, it makes you irritated to move. For the people with sciatica, it is very much important to wear the right size shoe. So, you should choose the right pair of shoes.
The people with sciatica suffers a lot for pain and discomfort. They need more cushion and support by their shoe. A shock absorbed shoe can minimize the fatigue of moving. It can reduce the pressure on your foot also.
A shoe for sciatica should have adequate support, cushion and comfort, arch support and shock absorption. All these elements are a key feature which makes an effective shoe for sciatica. By getting an effective shoe, you can relieve your foot pain and discomfort. Leg, hips and lower back are the main portions that should get the proper support as well as cushion.
For any kind of foot problem, support is the vital feature. It is very important to get a supportive shoe when you want the best shoes for sciatica. Without proper support, your foot pain will increase. It can be undoubtedly said that the more support you get; the more comfort you enjoy. The sole of the shoe provides firm and stable support. So, care for the sole of the shoe for getting adequate support.
The FAQ (frequently asked questions)
Ques 1. Can shoes help with sciatica?
Ans: Shoes with pain relief technology can help them who have sciatica. Shoes patented technology can help to reduce impact very efficiently. If the shoe can give your feet proper support and comfort, it can be a good one for helping with sciatica.
Ques 2. What are the best shoes for bursitis?
Ans: there are many shoes for bursitis. Some of them are: Dunham Captain, Skechers Avillo, Cobb Hill Rockport Aubrey, Brooks Glycerin 16, Vionic Tide II, Crocs Kadee, etc.
Ques 3. Can Foot problems cause sciatica?
Ans: basically, foot problems occur when your feet have a lack of support through its various bones and spines. When the foot problem is related to the lumbar spine, it causes sciatica. Sciatica is a common spine-related foot problem. So, you should care for your foot problem to minimize the possibility of sciatica.
Ques 4. What are the best shoes for your feet and back?
Ans: Brooks Addiction Walker, Merrell Encore Gust, Vionic Unisex Wave, Brooks Women’s Ghost 9, Vionic Women’s Agile Kea, Alegria Essence, ASICS Men’s Gel Kayano 24, etc are some of the best shoes for feet and back.
Ques 5. What kind of shoes should I wear for back pain?
Ans: if you have back pain, you should wear a shoe with great arch support. Because arch support helps to minimize back pain. The shoe should have cushioned quality to reduce your regular shock. The impact of your movement can increase your pain. That’s why you should wear a lightweight, comfortable shoe with proper arch support.
Awesome List of 10 Best Sciatica Shoes
Final Verdict :
As you have possibly seen there is a lot to consider before you make your final decision about purchasing athletic footwear especially when you suffer from feet problems like sciatica.
Sciatica which can make your feet ache in every possible move needs the strong support of the heel and foot curve so that the sciatic nerve receives minimum pressure from the surrounding tissues. This is extremely important to ensure that all daily activities could be easily performed when you wear your shoes.
The brand names mentioned earlier are well-known companies that are constantly trying to improve their technology in order to offer the public, shoes that are alleviating pain caused by inflammatory diseases or other foot injuries.
New and improved series are usually taking more time to appear but also stay longer in the market so that people have more time to know them and select them among their competitors.
There is much need to pay attention to what your body is telling you and choose the right show for your personal needs. The affordability is also a huge issue that is addressed through a discount from the big companies.
By giving you the quality, you need, brand names are ensuring their fame and longevity. The better shoes for sciatica are always the ones that ensure proper fit and give extra agility to the user. The great advantage of the new shoes is that you can manage pain with no extra cost.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: