No other type of exercise has shown such significant progress in the latest years like the HIIT workout. The best shoes for HIIT workouts are a difficult task to adopt but it’s so necessary and obvious like the oxygen for the deep divers.
There is no way you can be successful in a HIIT workout without wearing the right shoes. This kind of shoes can be protective for all the foot curve and ankle areas and the same time strong and rigid on the outsole.
These features can give you a sense of great standing and grip as well as a more complex touch to the ground which is the prerequisite when performing HIIT exercise. You need well-trained legs and muscles so that you can stand the sudden changes in rate and effort when doing HIIT exercise.
On the other hand, the shoes are supposed to protect not only the normal anatomy of the feet but also give you a sense of comfort and style in every move. That is why the most famous HIIT shoes are the ones that are flexible and durable at the same time.
Our Top 5 Picks
Best Shoes for HIIT Workouts
1. Nike Metcon 4 Women’s Running Shoes
This modern series of Nike shoes are having all the characteristics you may ask from a compatible with HIIT exercise pair of shoes. First, they have a great insole that keeps you comfortable during exercise. They are called the best shoes for plyometrics and they have lots of reasons to support this statement.
The Nike shoes are always softer than their competitors having more cushioning on the sensitive parts of the feet like the arches and the foot curve.
Then, these shoes are presenting to the public a great outsole air tube that can absorb all ground abnormalities and even protect you from mild impacts when jumping. This is just what you need when you are having HIIT exercise where most of your body receives excessive pressure for a large period of time.
- Extra-large cushioning that embraces the heel area.
- Ultra-hard outsole that gives you more durability.
- The sockliner can easily cooperate with all orthotics.
- There is also a breathable upper mesh to enhance the airflow.
- They are stylish coming in various types and colors.
- There is little room for the toe fingers which may be annoying.
- There is no foamy insole to separate the outsole from the other layers.
2. ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe
This is really the number one type of shoes for HIIT exercise presented by ASICS to the modern public. There is no other opponent in the market for this kind of shoe. They are considered to be one of the best shoes for HIIT workouts that could also be used for leisure and other extra-athletic activities.
There is no other company like ASICS in terms of safety for the user and more options about the longevity of the shoe form. Voted as one of the best shoes for insanity.
The upper mesh and shaft are more than loose and breathable giving unique comfort to the user. Additionally, the sockliner is made of quality materials so that the connectivity with external aids is guaranteed.
- The new ASICS comfort fit gives everybody the proper attention.
- There is a durable rubber alloy on the outsole giving greater grip.
- The insole is softer than all the competition.
- There is more room for the forefoot giving you extra movability.
- The flexible heel area adds on to the comfort of use.
- Sizes are sometimes difficult to find.
- The lacing system keeps on being basic.
3. PUMA Women’s Riaze Sneaker Black
One of the most popular pair of shoes ever presented by PUMA company. This specific type of shoes is registered as the best shoes for HIIT workouts as it can assist you to find your lost performance when training. The shoes are wider in the center of the feet and this gives you a sense of comfort never felt before.
The outsole is rigid enough to deal with all the potential problems when running but is also flexible to give you improved access to any kind of exercise.
The mesh is strategically placed in the center of the shoe so that the sensitive parts of the feet are interconnected and distressed.
Finally, these are the shoes that can give you more cushioning to the heel area and protect the ankle no matter how hard you are performing HIIT training.
- Longer mesh gives more breathability to the shoes.
- The insole has a special anti-microbial layer for better hygiene.
- The outer leather parts of the shoes are more waterproof.
- There are fewer plastic parts on the shoes to reduce their weight.
- The outsole has special lugs on it to make sure proper traction is gained.
- They are made primarily for women that make men look for other brands.
- The shoes are not compatible with external orthotics.
As Reebok is the world-known company for its quality shoes, the Crossfit series has been said to be the best shoes for HIIT training. They are also considered to be the best HIIT shoes that have been made for unsex use since they have special style characteristics that match both sexes.
The insole is one of a kind and can easily take the shape of the person wearing them. This is really helpful especially for a person with feet deformities that find it extremely hard to wear shoes when training.
The outsole is made of special rubber particles that are heat resistant and can help you find your balance no matter how slippery the terrain may be. The forefoot area is ample enough and the toe fingers have their own room so that they provide enough balance to the whole body when running or exercising.
Finally, the lacing system of the Reebok shoes is by far the most sophisticated across the competition. With a single strap embracing the foot arch and the ankle area, there is no chance that the shoes would abandon your feet no matter how intense the training may become.
- There is a SMART lacing system keeping you on track all the time.
- The fabrics are special lightweight to make shoes more comfortable.
- The outsole keeps on being durable and flexible at the same time.
- The FOAMY technology of the midsole gives a great fit to everyone.
- There is more space for the sensitive parts of the feet.
- There is no chance you can remove the insole since it is integrated into the shoe.
- You don’t have such a great variety of colors and styles to choose from.
The New Balance series of HIIT shoes are well-known for their extreme quality and their ability to make you outperform when you are wearing them. Scientists in New Balance is aware of the modern tension of the market to combine special shoes that are good both for training and for leisure time. This is exactly what women are asking for when buying a new pair of shoes.
The New Balance shoes are said to be the best shoes for HIIT workouts and can help you find a great balance between your sports life and social life as well.
The inner side of the shoes is made of quality leather so that it keeps absorbing the excessive sweat when working out. The outsole is flexible so that you can anticipate any possible hurdles on your way.
Finally, the shoes have special holes on the upper mesh that keep the air flowing downwards and adjust the thermal shock that feet are undertaking every time you train.
- Extra durable outsole with bigger lugs for better traction and grip.
- The outer leather is great for water resistance under any weather.
- The insole is comfortable and extra-cushioned to the heel area.
- There is more room on the sides of the shoe to address wide feet problems.
- The midsole has the EVA technology that helps your feet assimilate the shape.
- There is less room for the toe fingers compared to other series.
- The outer leathers may wear off by sunlight action after a few months.
While Adidas is well known for soccer and tennis shoes there is also a special series that is great for the HIIT training addicts as well. The Powerlift series is said to be one of the best shoes for HIIT training since they incorporate all the features that you need in order to be successful when training or competing.
Their outsole is perfectly balanced on each side giving you improved ability to run in uneven surfaces without the fear of sliding down and getting injured. Not to mention, that the extra lugs applied on the external part of the outsole are helping you to maintain a sustainable balance across the slippery fields no matter how harsh the external conditions may be.
The insole is softer than any other shoe you have ever tried and has more sensible cushioning in the foot curve and heel area to make sure that small vibrations will never harm your feet.
- Very lightweight shoes that improve performance.
- The external rubber alloy is not fading away or affected by heat and water.
- The style is unique, and you can always be the center of attention.
- There is a very thin upper mesh giving you room to walk around freely.
- The forefoot area has more space for the toe fingers enhancing the stability.
- The midsole has no foamy interval and cannot give you much comfort.
- There is no separate lacing system apart from the basic one.
7. RYKA Women’s Tenacity Cross-Trainer Shoe
RYKA has been always the innovation power in the shoe industry. There is nothing more to say about the RYKA shoes that they are considered to be among the best shoes for HIIT workouts and can be with you for a long period of time. Provided of course, that you are treating them gentle and wash, rinse and keep them in a safe place.
However, the durability of RYKA shoes is tremendous and can give you a competitive advantage when you are competing with others. The outsole keeps on being the most durable part of the shoes and this can give you enhanced grip regardless of the slippery roads you are walking on.
Finally, the insole is soft and tender and can also give you lots of comforts when you are constantly walking or training. The reality is that an intelligent cushioning system is applied all the time especially on the heel area where the vast majority of pressure is exerted when having a HIIT training program.
- Great variety in colors and shapes match all tastes.
- The upper mesh and shaft are extremely breathable.
- The inner fabrics are specially made to enhance the heat containment.
- There is more friction produced between the road and the outsole.
- The forefoot area has more flexibility which in turn increases the stability.
- The external orthotics on the sockliner and not easy to remove.
- There is no anti-germ layer to keep your shoes safe and clean.
8. Inov-8 Men’s F-Lite 195 Cross-Training Shoe
There is nothing more precious than having a pair of athletic INOV shoes in your closet. They are registered as the best sneakers for HIIT when taken for granted after a long day at work. They can serve for acute training as well as for a walk in the park. The INOV company has managed to combine all the great features that you are asking from a kind of shoes like that.
The outsole is rigid enough to keep your feet in close touch to the ground. You can easily balance on INOV shoes since the outsole is more useful outdoors than indoors.
The midsole is soft and made of foamy material which can easily take the special shape of the user’s feet. This is important since most nerves are passing from the foot curve which is supported by the high-tech midsole.
Finally, the outer parts of the shoes are made from a combination of synthetic leather and fabric that reduces the total weight of the shoes. This can give you extra stamina when you are trying to compete and gathering all your strength to beat your opponents.
In that case, the INOV shoes can help you miraculously.
- The extra-long insole gives more comfort.
- Smart lacing system keeps the shoes firmly attached.
- The midsole has a foamy material that can make you feel comfortable.
- The outsole is flexible and durable for enhanced traction.
- There is less effort needed to put the on and off due to the intelligent mesh.
- Shoes are not available in all parts of the world and online.
- There is less variety for women INOV shoes.
9. Nike Metcon 4 Men’s Cross Training Shoes
Once more the Nike company has made its miracle. The new series of Metcon men running shoes are the best shoes for HIIT and there is nothing you can do to change that. The HIIT training is getting more effective when you are wearing such kind of shoes and can give you more strength to get in the first row of your opponents.
Shoes are characterized by a roomy interior especially in the forefoot and midfoot area where all the sensitive areas of the feet are located. The cushioning is placed directly where the heel area is, while the foot curve is getting less aggravated by pressure against the road.
This type of shoe has more lacing options to choose from. Apart from the classic laces, there is also a big strap embracing the foot arch which can give you more stability and safety when running.
Finally, the outsole is equipped with larger lugs that are going to give you enough grip and traction even when you are running through the rain.
- Anti-bacterial interior keeps your hygiene high.
- The outsole is made of quality rubber that doesn’t wear off.
- The EVA midsole gives extra comfort to the user.
- There is a smart lacing system making easy to put on the shoes.
- The external heel protector reduces the danger of injuries.
- No great availability in sizes.
- The upper mesh and tongue are connected which makes it hard for some athletes to get used to that.
10. Reebok Men’s Crossfit Sprint TR Training Shoe
The Reebok company keeps on producing extremely quality shoes that are meant to become one of the best shoes for HIIT workouts. They are recognized among the users for their intense quality and their ability to increase their stamina when training.
The upper mesh is softer than ever before and interconnects to the tongue. This feature gives the athlete the option to remove the tongue when he is not needing it to enhance its endurance while training.
The fabric which makes the interior is sweat-absorbent in such a way that there is no need to change your shocks when you are walking or running.
The outsole is rigid enough so that you ensure there is no wearing off due to harsh weather conditions. The midsole is specifically designed to give you more comfort when you are running and even when you are facing multiple impacts and hurdles.
- Longer outsole gives you more comfort when running.
- The insole is sweat absorbent and soft.
- The outer layer is waterproof no matter how rainy the weather may become.
- Less effort needed to put on the shoes.
- The lacing system gives extra strength to the user.
- There is no variety in colors and shapes.
- You cannot remove the sockliner to adjust any orthotics.
Criteria To Choose Best shoes for HIIT workers
Stability and Support
Stability is the most important aspect while you are looking for the best shoes for HIIT workers. They have done intense movement in their working place. So, a shoe with proper stability as well as support takes a great role for them. Without proper stability, you will lose your balance for walking smoothly. And without adequate support, you may fall on some injuries or various foot problems.
Arch and Heel Support
A shoe with arch and heel support is very much preferable for HIIT workers. Perfect arch and heel support keep you away from falling different types of injuries. The intense workout needs an extreme level of support. Therefore, you should look for these features.
If you have overpronation or under pronation, arch support can give you relief to some extent. The sudden directions or extra energetic works can be handled perfectly if you have the perfect arch support. Arch and heel support also helps to reduce developing plantar fasciitis.
You should look for such shoes that offer supportive outsoles. Supportive outsoles are designed to keep you relax. They allow you to move easily with proper mobility and comfort. If you have broken ankle, heel or any part of the foot, adequate as well as the cushioned outsole is mandatory for you. It is better to pick a supportive one rather than a good looking one. Because in working hours you need more support rather than style.
Traction is another important consideration for a good shoe. As HIIT involves quick as well as frequent movements, it needs excellent traction. You need to save you from slipping. When you are jumping or running quickly, traction can protect you from falling.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Ques 1. What kind of shoes should I wear for HIIT?
Ans: HIIT is heavy energetic training where the trainee needs proper support and strength. With supportive shoe he can be more flexible. They should wear those shoes which are supportive. Some of the shoes we recommend.
Ques 2. What are the best sneakers for HIIT training?
Ans: Sneakers are lightweight rather than any other shoe. In HIIT training it can be very comfortable for the trainees. Some of the best sneakers for HIIT training you can also find them in most famous websites as their suggestions.
Ques 3. Can I wear running shoes for HIIT?
Ans: Unfortunately, running shoes are not good enough for HIIT training. Running shoes are designed for passing a long distance. Their shoe drops are commonly measured by about 8 millimeters. Where HIIT needs different types of the cushion. A significant amount of cushioning keeps you protective. Therefore, running shoes shouldn’t wear for high-intensity training. You can wear as you wish but it is not recommended.
Ques 4. What are the best shoes for boot camp?
Ans: Where you are in boot camp, you need excellent stability, cushion, and stability. Boot camp shoes should be lightweight and proper in traction and grip. For instance, some of the best shoes for boot camp can be mentioned. They are: Inov-8 All Train 215, NOBULL Training Shoes, PUMA Fierce Core, New Balance 608v4, PUMA Tazon 6 FM, New Balance FuelCore NERGIZE
Awesome List of 10 Best HIIT Workout Shoes
There are a lot of pairs that you can possibly select to be your favorite HIIT shoes. Only the most competent and durable ones are these that will get you to the top of the HIIT trainees. This is ensured only by the inner quality of the shoes and their special characteristics.
HIIT training requires more strength that can give extra credit to the above shoes. All the shoes are equally competent to give you more for what you pay and you can rest reassured that when purchasing them you will be able to compete with all possible opponents.
Table of Contents
- Our Top 5 Picks
- Best Shoes for HIIT Workouts
- 1. Nike Metcon 4 Women’s Running Shoes
- 2. ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe
- 3. PUMA Women’s Riaze Sneaker Black
- 4. Reebok-CROSSFIT-Flexweave-Cross-Trainer
- 5. New-Balance-Women’s-Arishi-Running
- 6. Adidas-Performance-Powerlift-3-1-Cross-Trainer-Utility
- 7. RYKA Women’s Tenacity Cross-Trainer Shoe
- 8. Inov-8 Men’s F-Lite 195 Cross-Training Shoe
- 9. Nike Metcon 4 Men’s Cross Training Shoes
- 10. Reebok Men’s Crossfit Sprint TR Training Shoe
- Criteria To Choose Best shoes for HIIT workers
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Awesome List of 10 Best HIIT Workout Shoes