Today there has been a lot of discussion about the high arches feet deformity that gives intense pain and abnormal gait to persons suffering from it. The quest for choosing the best shoes for high arches is quite challenging and can give you a great headache if you don’t know the exact characteristics of every pair of shoes associated with the elimination of this disorder.
Brand shoes manufacturers have long ago identified this problem and have already presented to the public some special series that are addressed to people with high arches. This condition can be developed through adult life and can be associated with diabetes or other multi-organ failures. As a result, the debate for the best shoes for this condition is useful for the general population as well.
Now let’s take a look at the most competent pairs of shoes adequate to support the feet anatomy when you are diagnosed with high arches. The majority of these shoes are integrating all the latest technological evolutions that can help you find your normal gait and continue with your usual daily activities as if you never had such a problem.
Our Top 3 Picks
1. Asics gel-venture 6
||CHECK MEN’S PRICE CHECK WOMEN’S PRICE|
2. Brooks Ghost 9
||CHECK MEN’S PRICE CHECK WOMEN’S PRICE|
3. Altra Torin 2
||CHECK MEN’S PRICE CHECK WOMEN’S PRICE|
10 Best Shoes for High Arches
1 New Balance Women’s W1340v2 Optimum Control Running Shoe
This female pair of shoes presented by New Balance, the world leader in athletic footwear is said to belong to the best women’s shoes for high arches that make a difference among the competition.
First, it is stylish enough coming in multiple colours to match any individual taste and need. The upper mesh and shaft are extremely breathable giving you the change to ventilate the inner part of the shoes for improved comfort.
The midsole is featuring a foamy material giving you a perfectly shaped foot curve which in addition helps you find a normal gait and eliminate painful reactions. The heel and foot arch areas are supported by perfect cushioning strategically placed where most of the pressure is exerted.
- Features mesh upper with excellent softness and superior motion-control technology
- Padded tongue and collar offer superior comfort and flexibility
- The 10 mm heel to toe drop is perfect for high arches
- Capable of absorbing shock and offers to cushion in the forefoot
- Blown rubber outsole provides the maximum amount of support
- There is a problem in sizing
- They are prone to run small
2 ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe
This is one of the most fashionable pair of shoes that ASICS has ever presented for the male public. That particular edition is registered as one of the best shoes for high arches giving you the freedom to walk around with less pain coming from your foot deformity area.
The upper mesh and tongue are breathable and the sockliner is ready to accept any kind of orthotics that help you overpass the high arches deformity. The lower part of the shoes is covered with quality rubber to make it more durable to weather conditions.
The outsole has greater lugs to increase grip with the road and make you regain your lost traction which is of crucial importance when suffering from high arches.
- Helps to minimize shock during impact situations and allows a smooth transition
- The sockliner is a removable Sockliner to accommodate a medical orthotic
- Trail Specific Outsole is a unique addition of this shoe
- Reversed lugs provide all types of traction on all type surfaces
- Comes with ASICS High Abrasion Rubber outsole for exceptional stability
- Not so much support for heavy lifting
- Price range is quite high
3 Brooks Women’s Ghost 9
Finally, the Brooks company has managed to create high-quality shoes for the female groups of the population that are suffering from high arches. These latest series have been registered as the best sneakers for high arches since they incorporate all the great features you are expecting from such footwear.
The smart lacing system gives you the chance to bend the shoe firmly to the ankle and heel areas for enhanced safety and support. There is also a lightweight textile making the inner part of the shoe and creating a perfect fit under any circumstances.
- Support in all daily activities by the quality rubber sole
- Extra cushioned insole supports the foot arch and removes pain
- The special upper mesh makes it breathable and comfortable
- Offers improved heat management while you are exercising
- The sockliner is amazing for better treatment of high arches
- Price is too high compared with others
- Sizing may vary
4 New Balance Men’s MW877 Walking Shoe
New Balance has traditionally been one of the most innovative footwear companies across the world. This latest series that have been recently presented to the public is said to be the best shoes for high arches ever seen in the sunlight.
They feature a great upper mesh and shaft which make lots of room to fit the foot arch which is elevated in persons with high arches. The underlying surface of the insole keeps on having extra cushioning to the heel and arch areas to improve the gait of these people.
Finally, the outsole is flexible enough to support the forefoot and give extra freedom of movement to the toe fingers for improved stability.
- A classic shoe comes with synthetic and meshes upper
- Features seamless logos at sides which is the brand’s signature
- ABZORB midsole cushioning offers the optimal comfort and cushion
- Offers walking Strike Path technology and added tongue and collar
- Lightweight, durable and flexible for moving with high arches
- Limited color options
- May look bulky to someone
5 OLUKAI Women’s Ohana W
This pair of sandals is by far the most convenient footwear for persons suffering from high arches. They are considered to be among the best fitting shoes for high arches giving you enough freedom to move no matter what the painful conditions you suffer may be.
The inner part of the sole has great anti-slip abilities to keep you stable at any time. The outer part of the sole can give you extra grip on wet surfaces and can keep you safe during walking.
The heel area is elevated to give the foot arch a more natural shape for your own comfort.
- 100% synthetic rubber sole offers great comfort and durability
- simple construction and lightweight materials give extra strength to walk.
- Offers improved cushioning system by the adequate support
- The shape of the shoe adds normal gait and speed control
- Durable outsole stays intact in harsh weather conditions
- Not so supportive for regular uses
- Not for long shift uses
6 Orthofeet Monterey Bay White Tie-Less Lace Shoes
This state-of-the-art pair of shoes presented by Orthofeet is the latest achievement of the industry to help people suffering by certain foot deformities which limit their ability to move freely. The shoes are considered to belong to the best shoes for high arches for a number of reasons.
First, they have a dynamic shape helping people to find their normal gait. The upper mesh and tongue are extremely breathable keeping a stable temperature to the inside of the shoe. The insole keeps on having extra cushioning in the heel and foot curve area to support the normal anatomy of the feet and eliminate any pain.
- Comes with anatomical arch support and a cushioning heel pad
- The Ortho-Cushion System helps to minimize stress on the joints
- Wide toe box removes pressure on joints as well as hammer toes.
- Helps to minimize pressure points and gives superior comfort
- Offers protection for sensitive feet like high arches
- Highly expensive to afford all the times
- Only black and white in color
7 Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 4
Skechers have been well-reputable for their high-quality pairs of shoes that are constantly creating and presenting to the world public. This special series is believed to belong to the best fitting shoes for high arches for their great ability to eliminate painful reactions when walking.
The lacing system has been replaced by a more elastic upper mesh giving extra support to the foot arch and ankle areas so that a normal gait can be easily reached. There is also a softer insole giving you more comfort when performing your daily activities.
The outsole is made of quality rubber material that is not wearing off due to the external weather conditions. Its larger lugs give you more grip and enhanced stability at any possible terrain.
- Amazingly lightweight, soft and supportive for various foot problem
- Features improved arch support, innovative and highly responsive midsole cushioning
- Comes with New Goga Max high footbed to energize every step
- Soft mesh upper with virtually seamless construction gives amazing comfort
- Foot bed can offer anti-bacterial odor control capability
- Heel tab is too high which can develop immediate blisters
- Not so comfortable for walking
8 Nike Men’s Air Monarch Iv Cross Trainer
Another great pair of shoes presented by Nike as one of the best shoes for high arches for its unique abilities and great performance. The lacing system is firm enough to attach the ankle to the rest of the foot for increased safety while walking. The cushioning system that is applied to the heel area absorbs all pressure coming from the hard terrains.
The outsole system is a real innovation since it ensures better grip and traction simply by replacing the old lugs with bigger ones that can circulate the water away and improve friction with the road.
- Makes of leather and synthetic upper for comfort
- The rubber sole makes it more durable and stable
- Shaft is measured approximately low-top from arch
- Full-length Air-Sole unit conforms perfect cushion and comfort
- Solid rubber outsole provides traction in many surfaces
- Get them noisy in some surfaces
- Not a stylish one
9 Altra Women’s Torin 2.0 Running Shoe
The Altra company has finally managed to produce one of the best running shoes for high arches that gathers all the benefits a person would want from his daily use shoes.
The luxury external textile makes the shoes more stylish and fashionable than the majority of its competitors. The lacing system although being basic has a strong attachment to the upper mesh and tongue giving the stiff connection of the foot to the shoe and improving the breathability and airflow.
The specially designed outsole ensures proper grip and the ultra-cushioning heel system protects the most sensitive part of the feet from serious pressure-related injuries.
- Made of 100% quick-dry air mesh upper for amazing flexibility
- Rubber sole makes the shoe ideal for running, walking, training
- Designed to Improve stability and comfort
- Comes with FootShape toe box for wider room
- Dual Layer EVA midsole and InnerFlex technology make it awesome
- Stylish but not so supportive
- Price is high
10 Propét Men’s LifeWalker Strap Walking Shoe
The latest series from the reputable Propet company is among the best shoes for high arches which have shown remarkable acceptance across the people with feet deformities.
The upper mesh and tongue are specifically designed to cooperate with the lacing system and bend the foot arch closer to the shoe to ensure safety while walking.
The outsole is made of quality rubber material that can be water-resistant and increase the gripping abilities of the shoe. The forefoot area is more spacey for enhanced mobility of the user and increased comfort.
- 100% leather upper with proper softness and cushion
- Synthetic sole offers stability and support
- Features brushed nylon lining for interior comfort
- Built-in proper heel support by contoured heel stabilizer
- Comes with orthoLite insole with memory foam which gives pleasure in movement
- Limited color options
- Size may vary
Before You Buy
Criteria To Choose The Best Shoes for High Arches
The fitting of a shoe is very much important for the people of high arches perfect pair of shoes with perfect fitness is great news for all. But it becomes a concern when you are shopping online. There are lots of brands and styles of shoes. So, you should be ensured that you are buying a perfect sizing shoe of your foot. And when you have high arches, it the main feature to look for.
As high arches need more comfort and cushion by a shoe, there is no chance to compromise the stability. Basically, getting the proper stability is confirmed by some separate features. Firm and flexible sole, stabilized heel, snug upper makes a great role in this part. So, you should look for a great sole with heel and upper also. And keep in mind that, if you wear a shoe which has a lack of stability; your high arches cause you great suffering.
Durability is another feature that can help to evaluate the best shoes for high arches. It also follows some particular features. Such as rubber soles, synthetic upper and strong midsole. The rubber sole makes a shoe more durable than others. Synthetic material is so long-lasting. That’s why it also makes a shoe more durable. Again, the strong but flexible midsole keeps a wearer right in the cushion. So, all those features are valuable for high arches.
The last but not least criteria support. The more support you get, the easier you feel. High arches people need proper support from their shoe. Ankle support, heel support and the right amount of grip are important for them. The outsole is another consideration for getting perfect support. Outsole keeps a man stable and capable of motion control.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Ques 1. What do you do if you have a high arch?
Ans: If you have high arches by birth, you may face some problems in daily movement. You should wear a special shoe for treating this problem. You need additional arch supports through your shoe. Your shoe should relieve excessive pressure. You should wear a great insole to remove your stress from walking.
Ques 2. Are Altra shoes good for high arches?
Ans: Altra shoes are great for high arches. The zero-drop Altra Women’s Torin 3.0 Running Shoe is a good one for women. It a sturdy shoe. It is a well-made shoe for women of high arches. This Altra model shoe supports amazingly for natural foot positioning. Thus, Altra shoes give perfect support, cushion and comfortable gait to the high arches.
Ques 3. Are Vionic shoes good for high arches?
Ans: Vionic is a famous brand in the market. They have amazing shoes for special professions and special needs. Their shoes are all designed to get the right amount of support and cushion. The molded EVA midsoles offer to mitigate foot and heel. They provide arch support for superior comfort which is a very much important feature for high arches.
Ques 4. Which shoes are best for arch support?
Ans: There are a lot of shoes for high arches in the market. All brands are claimed that their shoes are best for high arches. But with great research, we find these shoes which are the best shoes for high arches. They are: ASICS Gel-Kayano 24, ECCO Men’s Helsinki Slip-On, Brooks Addiction Walker for Men, Merrell Men’s Encore Gust Slip-On, Grasshoppers Women’s Stretch Sneaker, KEEN Utility Men’s Work Shoe, Brooks Women’s Ghost 10, etc.
Ques 5. What tennis shoes are best for high arches?
Ans: For playing tennis, there are some shoes for high arches. They are: Brooks Glycerin 17, Brooks Ghost 11, Salomon XR Mission, ASICS Gel-Venture, ASICS Gel Kinsei 6, Mizuno Wave Creation 19, Hoka One One Clifton 5, etc.
Awesome List of 10 Best High Arch Shoes
Final Verdict :
The list of shoes that are considered as the best shoes for high arches is not exhaustive and has many other shoes to be added. You should carefully check all the inherent abilities of the shoes to deal with your special needs and improve your gait while walking or running.
This is the only way you will get rid of all painful syndromes deriving from high arches. The quality is the primary goal for you to have the most successful pair of shoes.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Table of Contents
- Our Top 3 Picks
- 10 Best Shoes for High Arches
- 1 New Balance Women’s W1340v2 Optimum Control Running Shoe
- 2 ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe
- 3 Brooks Women’s Ghost 9
- 4 New Balance Men’s MW877 Walking Shoe
- 5 OLUKAI Women’s Ohana W
- 6 Orthofeet Monterey Bay White Tie-Less Lace Shoes
- 7 Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 4
- 8 Nike Men’s Air Monarch Iv Cross Trainer
- 9 Altra Women’s Torin 2.0 Running Shoe
- 10 Propét Men’s LifeWalker Strap Walking Shoe
- Before You Buy
- Awesome List of 10 Best High Arch Shoes
- Final Verdict :