There are a lot of reasons why the waiters are constantly facing painful syndromes that are directly related to their profession. Trying to identify the best shoes for waiters is a challenging issue that can be deciphered only when all the latest brand shoe companies proposals are being presented to their fullest extent.
The most common symptom of waiters fatigue while working in restaurants is the intense pain that comes from the soft tissues of the feet that are coming to close contact with the inappropriate type of shoes. Never before, did the waiters had more choices in terms of shoes than today.
Making the right decision for your footwear may be a crucial factor for your wellbeing when working as a waiter. The pressure exerted on your heel area may permanently affect your foot bones and ligaments and have a serious impact on your working ability. Chances are that when choosing the right pair of shoes all the previous impacts could be easily reversed.
Let’s now start our journey in the fascinating world of new brand shoe series that can support the feet of waiters and make their life less painful and more enjoyable.
Our Top 5 Picks
10 Best shoes for waiters
1 Crocs Men’s And Women’s Bistro Clog
The legendary Crocs series are identified among the best waiters shoes that are widely available for purchase across the world. Their great variety of colours and shapes makes it easy to choose the right one for you according to your personal tastes.
The ideal formation of the shoe and the foam material that is made of can add on to the overall comfort of the user while standing for long hours in the restaurant. The extra-wide heel strap attaches firmly the shoe to the heel area making it impossible to walk without it even when you are developing greater speed.
- Specially designed for food service and hospitality workers
- Designed with amazing comfort and support in mind
- Comes with slip-resistant treads and a versatile design
- Offers an enclosed toe design for toe comfort and thicker metatarsal area
- Contoured footbeds make the shoe amazing in support
- Not slip-resistant in many surfaces
- Size may vary
2 Merrell Men’s Jungle Moc Leather Slip-On Shoe
These are the fanciest type of shoes that a waiter can possibly have while working in a restaurant. They are one of the best shoes for waiters and their unique benefits have assisted them to take the market by storm.
The Merrell revolutionary design is characterized by absence of an upper shaft and separate lacing system which imposes a better grip of the shoe to the foot arch which is adequately embraced. The insole keeps on being extra soft and durable to support the weight of the user.
The outsole is equipped with greater lugs that improve the user’s grip and traction while working and support the durability of the shoes after the intense long term use.
- Features an embossed logo at the side with dual elastic insets
- Comes with lightly padded collar and air cushion to add flexibility
- 3mm lug depth maximize the way of comfort
- Compression EVA foot frame gives amazing cushioning
- Molded nylon arch shank gives the right amount of arch support
- Price range is high
- Less color options
3 ECCO Men’s Helsinki Slip-On
The ECCO company keeps on producing quality shoes that are characterized as the most competent shoes for waiters available on the market. The shoes are durable enough to support your busy daily lifestyle that may include taking the stairs, walking around the restaurant or running to catch the bus.
The freedom fit gives you extra foot embracing without the need of an extra lacing system. The forefoot area is larger than in the competition to allow more room for the toe fingers and increase the levels of stability and swiftness.
The insole has extra supported areas like the heel and the foot curve that makes walking in a fast pace an easier task for waiters.
- Made of 100% leather upper with durable synthetic sole
- A softly squared toe can create an excellent stylish look
- Comes with handsome seaming with a flexible fit
- Features padded insole, a contoured heel cushion, arch support
- Durable enough, lightweight and offers mobility
- Highly pricy
- May run small at left
4 Teva Women’s Tirra Sandal
The newcomer in the category of the best shoes for waiters has come here to stay. Teva is a pioneer in the sports sandals category that has helped many working people in the restaurant get rid of their foot aching syndromes caused by constant walking and standing.
The special alloy rubber sole is flexible and durable to ensure that proper grip is applied under any circumstances. The intense striping can hold the foot arch architecture in place with no need of a separate lacing system.
The outsole keeps on having a high traction profile with water channeling lugs that increase grip, especially on slippery surfaces.
Finally, the insole has a special antibacterial layer that supports the hygiene of the user after long hours of work.
- A sporty sandal with logo details and multiple adjustable straps
- Features hook-and-loop closures for a perfect and secure fit
- Nylon stability shank ensures proper stability and flexibility
- Traction outsole comes with unique water-channeling lugs
- Confirms cushioned movement with sponge EVA topsole
- The velcro doesn’t stay fastened
- Ankle strap has a fatal design flaw
5 New Balance Women’s WX624v2 Training Shoe
The latest series from the reputable New Balance company is among the best non-slip shoes for waiters which have shown remarkable acceptance across the waiters’ professionals.
The upper mesh and tongue are specifically designed to cooperate with the lacing system and bend the foot arch closer to the shoe to ensure safety while walking.
The outsole is made of quality rubber material that can be water resistant and increase the gripping abilities of the shoe. The forefoot area is more spacey for enhanced mobility of the user and increased comfort.
- Leather and mesh upper are added for breathability and durability
- Injection Molded EVA midsole allows softness and airflow
- EVA heel can enhance super heel cushioning while walking
- ABZORB midsole gives the ultimate ride comfort
- Ensures comfy with softer durometer inserts and midsole
- Only black and white in color
- Sometimes way too stiff
6 Dr. Scholl’s Men’s Harrington Work Shoe
It belongs to the category of the black waiter shoes that mostly address older waiters in well established fancy restaurants.
The classic appearance of the work shoes is a certain plus for the stylish preference of people working as waiters.
There is a special lacing system that can support the firm attachment of the ankle to the foot arch which is crucial for the stability of the soft tissues of the feet while standing or walking around.
The outsole keeps on being unique in design with larger lugs that can increase the friction to the slippery surfaces and enhance the safety of the user in the workplace.
- 100% leather material makes them soft and comfy
- Rubber sole and removable insole provide inner and outer comfort
- Stylish and eye-catching shoe for workers as waiters
- Outsole keeps on stable and stylish with a unique design
- Helps to increase the friction in slippery conditions
- Not so durable for a work shoe
- New sole design is not so good
7 New Balance Men’s MID626K2 Slip Resistant Lace-Up Shoes
Another great pair of shoes presented by New Balance as one of the best shoes for waiters for its unique abilities and great performance. The lacing system is firm enough to attach the ankle to the rest of the foot for increased safety while walking. The cushioning system that is applied to the heel area absorbs all pressure coming from the hard terrains.
The outsole system is a real innovation since it ensures better grip and traction simply by replacing the old lugs with bigger ones that can circulate the water away and improve friction with the road.
- Features abzorb crash pad, slip-resistant, and non-marking outsole
- Lacing system is firm enough to attach the ankle
- Allows to increase safety while you are walking
- Heel area absorbs all pressure for hard surfaces movement
- The outsole helps to ensure better grip and traction
- May fell apart after few months
- Size chart is not correct
8 Dansko Women’s Pro Xp Mule Shoe
The Dansko shoes are well known for being some of the best non-slip shoes for waiters that have an attractive appearance and are widely available to the public on a global level.
The absence of a separate lacing system creates a shoe with a perfect fit without the need to attach straps for the heel and ankle. There is also a foamy midsole that can absorb all the pressure coming from the floor and aggravates the painful feeling in the soft tissues of the feet after long hours of standing.
Finally, the outsole remains robust and stylish giving the shoes extra longevity and endurance.
- Comes with roomy toe box and anti-fatigue rocker bottom
- Heel height is almost 2 inches which are perfect for women
- Memory foam footbed offers optimal comfort and cushioning
- Slip resistant rubber outsole keeps you safe on slippery surfaces
- foamy midsole allows long-lasting uses with great cushion
- Toe box is not so roomy
- Size may vary
9 KEEN Utility Men’s PTC Oxford Work Shoe
The royal family of restaurant shoes is now complete with this model that is intended for waiters. They are said to be the best shoes for waiters for high arches that is a painful condition that puts barriers in waiters to reach their potential optimum performance while in restaurant premises.
The midsole is adequately designed to hold the pressure from the outer environment and ease all the painful reactions related to the long hour’s shifts of walking and standing.
KEEN shoes are recognized for their comfort. Their cush is a mix of recycled PU, cork, and memory foam which contours to feet and adjusts to give you the cushioning you need throughout your day.
- Features patented toe protection for ultimate protection
- Offers oil and slip-resistant outsoles to keep safe and secure
- Cork and memory foam adjust the level of cushioning
- EVA midsole includes softness for all-day comfort
- Great for any servicing job like a waiter, receptionist, etc.
- Not slip resistant at all
- Limited color options
10 Skechers For Work Men’s Flex Advantage Slip Resistant Mcallen Slip On
The Sketchers brand has a long tradition in creating quality working shoes for a variety of activities, waitressing included. These are the best shoes for waiters that you can buy on a budget and have them enabled for the whole season.
Roomy shoes. The medium fit is the one to maintain a medium width in the heel area with a roomier toe box. If you go to the medium fit it is a bit more open interior offers a looser fit around the entire foot.
Their upper mesh and tongue are specifically redesigned to make the airflow better through rough conditions of continuous work in restaurants. Their ability to absorb pressure from the heel and foot curve area is tremendous and can also eliminate pain in people who suffer from foot problems and still want to work as waiters at a professional level.
- Comes with mesh fabric upper with a slip-resistant traction outsole
- Padded collar with stitched seams provides good cushioning
- Memory foam insole makes the shoe awesome in comfort
- With a roomier toe box, it allows flexible movement
- You can tight or lose it for getting the right fit
- Not so comfortable for running
- Only black in color
Before You Buy
Criteria To Evaluate The Best Shoes for Waiters
For a waiter, there is some particular feature that he needs the most. Here, we list the most important criteria to collect the best shoes for waiters. It will help you to pick the best one for you definitely.
A waiter has to serve foods or other products to his customers on time. That’s why he has to be very careful about these footwear. In slippery conditions, he needs a slip-resistant shoe. It can keep him safe. It also allows a waiter to serve his service without any problem. So, collect a shoe with the slip-resistant feature.
Softness & Cushion
The second consideration is the softness of a shoe. The softer a shoe is the more comfortable it offers. In this regard, you need to look for comfortable materials like leather, canvas, suede, etc. These elements make a shoe more cushioned. And comfort is a crying need for the waiters. Because they have to stand all day long.
The other concern is the durability of a shoe. A waiter sometimes carries heavy materials. Sometimes, he needs to tackle a huge rush. So, a durable shoe is very important for a waiter. If his shoe breaks in the working time, it will become a very embarrassing situation. Rubber sole, synthetic outsole makes a shoe more durable. Remember about this feature while you are shopping.
The last but not least feature is supported. If a shoe has all the features described above but lack of support, all works will go for nothing. A supportive shoe can make a waiter confident in his working. While serving, he will get perfect support and mobility by his shoe. Arch support and ankle support are mandatory to have in a waiter’s shoe. Traction and grip can keep a user confident in walking. So, they are very important also.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Ques 1. What are the best shoes for restaurant workers?
Ans: In the market, there are lots of shoes for restaurant workers. But the best shoes for restaurant workers we are found are: Merrell Men’s Jungle Moc Pro Grip Slip-Resistant Work Shoe, safeTstep Men’s Expo Runner, Annie Shoes Men’s restaurant kitchen work anti-slip-resistant style METION, Dockers Men’s Society Slip-Resistant Slip-On, Skechers for Work Men’s 76994 Synergy-Tal Slip-Resistant Work Shoe, etc.
Ques 2. What are the best shoes for working in a kitchen?
Ans: Actually, working in a kitchen needs more comfort and support from a shoe. Because there are more heat and chances to get an injury. Some of the best shoes are: Skechers for Work Flex Advantage, Merrell Jungle Moc, Crocs Specialist Vent Clog, Dansko Professional Mule, Skechers Work Soft Stride, Skechers Work 76690, Skechers USA Diameter-Guy, etc. you will get them cushioned for kitchen time.
Ques 3. What are the best slip resistant shoes?
Ans: Slip resistant shoes are necessary for some particular professions. It keeps them protective and safe. Reebok Men’s Work N Cushion 2.0, Dockers Men’s Society, Skechers Men’s Cottonwood Goddard Twin Gore, Dansko Women’s Elise Oxford Sneaker, Skechers Women’s Eldred, Skechers for Work Women’s Relaxed, etc. are some best slip resistant shoes of the market.
Ques 4. How do restaurants make shoes slip resistant?
Ans: You can make a shoe slip resistant by using some tricks. Like you can use a sandpaper to the soles. It can avoid slippery injuries. You can use the grip pad also. It offers you extra grip and keeps you safe. Again, you can make your shoe slip-resistant by using a spray pad. All these tricks can be followed to make your shoe slip resistant. But it is better to buy a slip-resistant shoe.
Ques 5. Are Nike shoes slip resistant?
Ans: Nike is one of the famous brands in the footwear industry. They create amazing shoes for various professions. They make slip resistant shoes for waiters and some other workers. Their shoes have anti-slip soles. They are specially designed for giving protection on slippery surfaces.
Awesome List of 10 Best Waiters Shoes
As you have already realized there are best shoes for waiters that you can possibly choose while working as a waiter in restaurants. The major key points are the safety and the comfort alongside with the style that you should primarily be looking for. The affordability of the shoes is another crucial factor and usually, the longevity and duration are taken into account.
Table of Contents
- Our Top 5 Picks
- 10 Best shoes for waiters
- 1 Crocs Men’s And Women’s Bistro Clog
- 2 Merrell Men’s Jungle Moc Leather Slip-On Shoe
- 3 ECCO Men’s Helsinki Slip-On
- 4 Teva Women’s Tirra Sandal
- 5 New Balance Women’s WX624v2 Training Shoe
- 6 Dr. Scholl’s Men’s Harrington Work Shoe
- 7 New Balance Men’s MID626K2 Slip Resistant Lace-Up Shoes
- 8 Dansko Women’s Pro Xp Mule Shoe
- 9 KEEN Utility Men’s PTC Oxford Work Shoe
- 10 Skechers For Work Men’s Flex Advantage Slip Resistant Mcallen Slip On
- Before You Buy
- Awesome List of 10 Best Waiters Shoes