Nowadays, the shin splints have been the most widespread foot deformity that affects millions of people worldwide. The quest to find the best shoes for shin splints has been a challenging issue for many persons that seek to improve their way of life and get rid of their painful feet syndromes.
The shin splints are posing physical hurdles to the normal movement of the person wearing shoes that are not compatible with the disease. The shoes should be supportive enough for the natural shape of the feet and also become more flexible to fit the shin splints area close to the toe fingers. This is why the forefoot area is of crucial importance.
Many brand shoe manufacturers across the world have recently proposed a new and improved series of shoes that can match all individual needs and be fashionable and stylish at the same time. Wearing a health type of shoes could be extremely helpful to the natural healing of the shin splints or even the dissolution of them in a matter of months.
Let’s take a look at the latest trends of the shoe industry that have changed the market rapidly for the advantage of the general public which enjoys healthier footwear and elimination of any correlated pain.
Our Top 5 Picks
10 Best Shoes For Shin Splints
1 ASICS Women’s Gel-Excite 4 Running Shoe
This is the type of shoe that integrates all the special characteristics that you could ask from a running shoe. Reviewers consider this pair of shoes as the best running shoes for shin splints which can be easily purchased since they are greatly affordable.
Their upper shaft and sock liner are of extreme quality, being made out of special lightweight textile which allows the airflow to pass across the inner shoe and regulate the foot temperature.
The insole has a special anti-microbial layer that absorbs the excessive sweat and improves the hygiene profile of the user. Finally, the cushioning system is solid enough to support the foot arch and the heel in a way that painful feelings are completely eliminated.
- Minimize shock to allow a smooth transition while moving
- A removable Sockliner help to accommodate a medical orthotic
- Comes with a unique AHAR outsole for exceptional durability
- Assist to place in critical areas like toe, joints of the outsole
- reflective materials added to enhance flexibility
- Toe box in not so wide
- Size may vary
2 ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running-Shoes
This is the type of shoes that are mostly preferred by men with feet deformities across the globe. Counted as one of the best running shoes for shin splints in the global market it is widely accepted for improving the daily life of people in extreme pain while walking or running.
The upper mesh and tongue are uniquely designed to attach to the new smart lacing system that gives extra support to the user. The outsole is robust and flexible enough to increase the grip and the mobility of the people wearing the shoes. Finally, the existence of a special cushioning system that embraces the heel makes up for the comfort experienced in this pair of shoes.
- Helps to enhance the foot’s natural motion with maximum comfort
- Fluid ride midsole provides the ultimate cushioning and pleasure
- The cushioning properties allow reducing weight
- Comes with Fluid Fit upper technology for a perfect fit
- Can provide improved support with excellent stability
- Price is high
- May run large
3 Brooks Women’s Ravenna 7
Another blockbuster pair of shoes produced by the most innovative US manufacturer the famous Brooks company. It is voted as one of the best shoes for shin splints since its unique design follows the feet anatomy and doesn’t give extra pressure on the painful spots.
The midsole has an extra foamy layer that can absorb all adverse powers coming from the rough terrains. There is also a smart lacing system which can easily keep together the ankle area with the rest of the foot. Besides, the upper mesh and tongue are made of breathable materials that increase ventilation and enhance the comfort levels.
- Best shoes for shin splints for its unique design
- Helps to eliminate extra pressure on the painful joints
- The extra foamy layer of the midsole can absorb shock
- Offers smart lacing system to keep ankle area safe
- Upper mesh and tongue are breathable enough
- Limited color and design options
- Not so versatile
4 Hoka Clifton 3 Women’s Running Shoes
This is by far the most highly sophisticated pair of shoes that HOKA company has released to the market. Being one of the best shoes for shin splints the HOKA new series integrate all the new technology features that you could possibly ask for.
The insole is softer than ever eliminating the painful syndromes of running and walking. The same time it offers adequate support to the feet due to the smart cushioning system that permits the stiff positioning of the heel and ankle while moving.
The outsole is uniquely designed to offer better grip and extra durability that ensures the longevity of the shoes no matter how intense the use could become.
- Forefoot helps to enhance stability as well as cushioning
- Air mesh upper offers proper ventilation to keep cool and dry.
- Helps a guided gait cycle for a soft and smooth ride
- Full-length midsole gives cushioning with extra protection
- Provides a seamless interior to reduce shock
- Price is so high
- Looks bulky
5 Hoka One One Men’s Clifton 2 Running Shoes
This is the favourite running shoe from HOKA company that has a competitive edge against all competitors. Seen as the pair of shoes who is among the best to prevent shin splints, HOKA is proud to introduce it to the world audience.
Its dynamic shape makes it easier to move faster and keep energy levels in a higher position. The special legs located in the outsole can offer a more stable grip and better durability of the shoes in long time use.
The upper mesh and tongue are made of ultra-light textiles which absorb sweat and heat to increase the comfort and compliance of the user.
- Comes with Ultra-lightweight and speed Frame construction
- Early-stage offers a rocker flexibility
- Midsole is a full-length EVA midsole to offer a cushion
- Offers a full ground contact design
- Strategic rubber replacement adds for lightweight durability
- Not so comfortable for wide feet
- May fit small
6 Saucony Women’s Guide 10 Running Shoe
Saucony company is one of the most reputable shoe manufacturers across the world. The new series for female runners are considered to belong among the best shoes for shin splints which can make the difference in the comfort levels of the user.
The durability of the outer layers of the shoes is exceptional and guarantees their longevity. The lacing system is redesigned to attach firmly the ankle and the heel area to the upper mesh and tongue and keep them connected even when increased mobility is applied.
- Engineered mesh upper creates a soft and cushioned ride
- EVERUN Topsole is added for offering continuous cushioning
- Light Stability for extra support and more flexibility
- A great option for dynamic lightweight fit and movement
- Comes with a removable insole to allow super flexibility
- Toe box is small
- Not for long shifts
7 Exersteps Men’s Whirlwind Black Sneakers
The Exersteps footwear company specializes in running shoes for people that suffer from painful feet conditions. Seen as some of the best sneakers for shin splints they allow the user to exercise regularly with less pain involved.
The upper shaft is higher than the average shoes and connects directly to the sockliner that makes it easier to adapt orthotics. There is an extra cushioning layer in the insole that adds on to the stability of the user as well as his enhanced mobility.
Finally, the outsole gives extra support to the heel area and provides additional grip and traction to slippery surfaces.
- Comes with leather upper for optimal comfort
- The lightweight midsole offers shock-absorption to relieve the impact
- On hard surfaces, you will enjoy the super flexibility of moving
- Molded sock gives long-lasting cushion as well as mobility
- Non-marking sole offers proper traction and stability
- Only black and white in color
- Size may vary
8 Hush Puppies Men’s Lunar II Slip-On Loafer
These are the most incredibly comfortable walking shoes that you could ever have. Voted as the good shoes for shin splints, Hush Puppies are giving you the freedom you seek from everyday use footwear.
The extreme quality leather offers comfort and impermeability to the user who can wear them even under heavy rain.
Additionally, the ultra-cushioned heel area offers enhanced support to the user who can avoid the unwanted surface pressure that can cause irritation and pain. The upper mesh gives more breathability to the shoes and the forefoot area is perfectly balanced to increase the agility of the area.
- Comes with 100 % leather with a synthetic sole
- Heel is measured approximately 1 inch
- Features dual goring insets with a padded collar for pain-free ride
- Offers moisture-wicking mesh lining for comfortable walking
- Removable contoured EVA insole creates interior cushioning
- They are prone to fit tight
- Not for wide feet at all
9 Adidas Originals Women’s Ultraboost St
The world champion in feet supportive running shoes, Adidas, has finally presented a state-of-the-art pair of shoes that is listed in the best shoes for shin splints category.
The brand name can easily make you the center of the attention, especially for its stylish and fashionable appearance. The outsole keeps on being the greater advantage of Adidas footwear since it absorbs all the abnormalities of the road allowing only minimal pressure to affect the joints and ligaments of the feet.
Finally, the upper mesh and tongue have significantly reduced their weight to ensure proper ventilation and superb hygiene levels.
- Comes with dual-density boost cushioning for a smooth ride
- Provides energized mobility for a responsive and great ride
- Offers Adidas special Primeknit upper for adaptive support
- Gives ultralight comfort an improved fit for painless feeling
- Helps to keep the foot in place allowing natural motion
- Not so comfortable with pain foot
- There is problem in bottom line
10 Salomon Women’s Speedcross 4 Trail Sneaker
Men’s running shoes are undergoing a quick evolution where Saucony has the ambition to become a natural leader. Saucony has been traditionally presented some of the best shoes for shin splints that have become the blockbusters of the category.
The shoes are having a larger shaft that can easily fit and adjust orthotics to the sockliner. There is also extra support in the insole system which makes it easier to run on rough terrains.
Finally, the outsole is a solid rubber structure that allows a better grip and enhances flexibility when moving around. Saucony shoes are made for persons with limited mobility and painful feet and this is undeniable.
- Features speedcross lug pattern with soft and technical trails.
- Great for sensitive feet and painful bones at the same time
- Offers super support and comfort for wet and dirty terrain
- Provide enough protection for running, jumping and walking
- Features mid-upper construction for extra support
- Not for true trail running
- They run a bit tight
Before You Buy
Criteria To Evaluate The Best Shoes for Shin Splints
For every type of shoe, there are some special features that you should look for. The main features for choosing the best shoes for shin splints are described here. Read them carefully.
As shin splints cause great pain, you need a shock absorption shoe. It is a crucial need for shin splints sufferers. A shoe with shock absorption capability can minimize the stress of moving. It allows the elimination of your foot pain. It can protect you from the various obstacle of your path. So, collect a shock absorption shoe when you want to get the best shoes for shin splints.
The next one is supported. This feature is very much important for any kind of foot pain sufferers. The footbed, the outsole, the traction combines the overall support. You should choose durable materials like rubber or synthetic for footbed and outsole. Traction can be measured by wearing the shoe for a while. But keep in mind that, the support of a shoe depends on all the feature it offers.
Actually, there is no sacrifice in comfort of a shoe when you want a shin splint shoe. A comfortable shoe will help to get relief in your pain. It can let you move easily as well as flexibly even you have pain on foot. Cushioned and soft material offers the best comfort. Leather upper can be the first choice. Canvas, suede upper are also comfortable. You can pick any one of them. But make sure that, you can enjoy the best comfort by your shoe.
Stability makes anyone more flexible and confident in his or her movement. It can keep their steps in a natural motion. Thus, you can enjoy moving, walking and running also. The right amount of traction can keep you stable on your way. There are many more features related to stability. Support and comfort also play an important role here. So, search a shoe with all those things for your shin splints.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Ques 1. Which shoes are best for shin splints?
Ans: Shin splints shoes have some special features and quality. These shoes should have proper criteria and support. The best shoes for shin splints are: ASICS Women’s Gel-Excite 4 Running Shoe, ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running-Shoes, Brooks Women’s Ravenna 7, Hoka Clifton 3 Women’s Running Shoes, Hoka One One Men’s Clifton 2 Running Shoes, Saucony Women’s Guide 10 Running Shoe, etc.
Ques 2. Can new shoes help with shin splints?
Ans: Shin splints are mainly affected by muscles, tendons and other bones. It is caused by regular heavy workouts and by stress also. New shoes with proper support and comfort are very helpful for shin splints. With adequate ankle, heel and arch support will help you to minimize your pain. But new shoes without proper support and cushion may cause extra pain to your foot. So, don’t think that always new shoes are good for shin splints.
Ques 3. What’s best for shin splints?
Ans: You can take some exercise with some regular lifestyles to develop your foot health. Shin splint is a serious concern for any people of any age. To prevent shin splints, you can strengthen the calf and hip muscles. For this reason, you should take some exercise done by replacing your toes up and down. You should pass a healthy lifestyle with a healthy foot also.
Ques 4. What happens if you keep running with shin splints?
Ans: It is a bad idea to run when you have shin splints. Because you may not feel the pain while you are starting to running. But after a while or after finishing your ride, you will face a serious pain on your foot. A perfect shoe may help you to run with comfort. But it is better to run after getting relieved.
Ques 5. Are Compression Socks good for shin splints?
Ans: Compression socks are good for shin splints. Because they increase blood flow. It will help to reduce pain and fatigue at the same time. Regular use of compression socks will help you to remove your foot pain seriously. It is known from many doctors that they suggested their patients use compression sock.
Awesome List of 10 Best Running Shoes for Shin Splints
The need for best shoes for shin splints is undeniable especially when you face painful feet syndromes like shin splints. The innovative brand shoe solutions that have been proposed by the companies are here to give you more freedom in choosing the model that better meets your needs.
Table of Contents
- Our Top 5 Picks
- 10 Best Shoes For Shin Splints
- 1 ASICS Women’s Gel-Excite 4 Running Shoe
- 2 ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running-Shoes
- 3 Brooks Women’s Ravenna 7
- 4 Hoka Clifton 3 Women’s Running Shoes
- 5 Hoka One One Men’s Clifton 2 Running Shoes
- 6 Saucony Women’s Guide 10 Running Shoe
- 7 Exersteps Men’s Whirlwind Black Sneakers
- 8 Hush Puppies Men’s Lunar II Slip-On Loafer
- 9 Adidas Originals Women’s Ultraboost St
- 10 Salomon Women’s Speedcross 4 Trail Sneaker
- Before You Buy
- Awesome List of 10 Best Running Shoes for Shin Splints